What Lasius niger needs?

What Lasius niger needs?

Beitragvon Error » 30. Aug 2010 14:56

Hi! I´m very new here, and I´m looking to buy antfarm.

But I have questions. The book cost only few euros, but I´m from Finland, so shipping cost is HUGE. So if buy first the book, then other things, the shipping cost to book is over 28e! + Others costs and shipping costs :shock:

That´s why I´m here. And I´m very new at this.

My first question, or insurance: Lasius Niger needs only one terrarium. It´s 30x20x20 cm. But if I buy starter set L, do they live in 30x20x20 cm terrarium, but the nest is in the 30x3x20 cm? So if I buy it, I don´t need think it anymore? And if I´m right, I put to the 30x3x20 cm 5/6 full of sand, but to the 30x20x20 cm I put it only 1/6, 1/4 full of sand?

Second: Do they need lamp, heater, ventilation... So if they don´t need that, I don´t need buy them? The Startes set include everything I need? I only need buy ants, food, water geel, book, cleaning stuff, and glide material?

Third: Do the book tell, how I clean full nest? Because it can be hard...

Last: Is "ANTSTORE escape protection set" good? And how I use them?

Please answer quickly. :)
Error

Land: Finland (fi)
Danke bekommen: 0 Danke

Re: What Lasius niger needs?

Beitragvon jbc » 27. Mär 2011 09:22

If you buy the L ant-farm then they will nests and live in there, and the basin will be like an arena where you put food. They can live in only one big basin but that basin what you have chosen will be to small after 2-3 years. (If you buy that L ant-farm you will only need a 20x10x10 basin.)

In the antfarm you put 1-1,5 cm granulates on the bottom and sand 2cm below the sockets so that the sand is 2cm below the sockets and in the basin you puts like 2mm of sand.

But if you want the to live in one basin then put the sand 1/2 full.

Lasius niger needs those things what includes the starter set, yes you have to buy food, 1 eating dish(minimum), 1 water dispenser, glide material, cleaning stuff, the book comes with the starter kit i think.

I dont know if it tells you how to clean.

Yes its good the escape protection set. In the book there is said how to do it and you can read something on the internet too.
jbc

Land: Latvia (lv)

Re: What Lasius niger needs?

Beitragvon SteveUK28 » 27. Mär 2011 11:14

I dont know why people buy these starters sets.. if you do some research you will find its much easier to make your own ant setups. Ytong is not very expensive and allows you to see your ants anytime.

However if you do want to buy a setup I would think ahead.. Lasius can grow into very large colonys and if kept right will do it quite quickly. So more than one bowl will be needed... you will need an outworld where they collect thier food and a nest are. Lasius do not need heat or a lamp, and the Antstore sets have suffiecent ventilation.
SteveUK28

Land: United Kingdom (uk)

• Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag

Zurück zu Lasius