You may be wasting a little bit of money / time IF:
1) If you're buying formulas online for your ants with these "special formulas" and "ant juice" (You're wasting your money)
2) If you're buying crickets or other live insects which die too early or become infested with mites
3) If you're using unnatural protein supplements for your ants, their little bodies cannot handle the burn!
SO, I created a cheap solution which will help YOU save money. It's a personal recipe that I've used for a long time now. A formula which I think all ants will go crazy for. From vegetarians to carnivores, this formula has passed the test for every ant colony I've given it to. Great for both adults and larvae, with what seems to be a proper balance of proteins, vitamins, sugars and energy. I'm currently testing it as a supplement for replacing insects.
- 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.
- 1-2 tablespoons of 2% milk.
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of regular water (avoid distilled and gaseous water).
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of natural honey.
1) Add everything into a coffee cup or other type of thick cup. Do not use a thin glass. Do not stir yet as things will just stick to your spoon.
2) Put in microwave for 45 seconds.
3) Once you take out the cup, stir until everything is dissolved. Take care as contents will need to cool down to a room temperature before use. (Shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes to cool to a room temperature).
4) Use a syringe to feed your ants a pinhead sized droplet of the liquid. They should take interest and drink almost instantly. If they do, add a larger droplet 5mm in diameter (no larger). Feed according to colony size.
5) Store the remainder of contents in either the fridge for later use or enjoy a naturally made energy drink. If storing in fridge, make sure container or cup is almost completely airtight, or remake the formula once every two days. Fresh is always best!
I hope this helps! Good luck!
To those with nut allergies, please do not make this formula!
Here's a nut-free formula:
1) Purchase a "meal-replacement shake" six pack.
2) Keep refrigerated, open one and extract about 1 tablespoon of the meal-replacement shake (to put into a coffee cup) and then close bottle and return it to the fridge.
3) Add 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of regular white sugar and 3-4 tablespoons of water.
4) [Optional] Microwave your formula and allow to cool before feeding your ants.
5) Store contents in a small jar or vial and refrigerate for later use.
I hope this helps everyone out! Say NO to buying "ant jelly" and "ant juice" !