Extreme beginner needs help!

Here you can everything questions or discuss about ants.

Extreme beginner needs help!

Beitragvon dappad » 3. Mai 2004 13:02

Hi
Im looking to start keeping ants and have looked at keeping the Camponotus ligniperda or the herculaneanus. Basically I would like to know whether theses can be kept in one of your ant farms, like for example the ant farm deluxe or the formicarium highlander? What else needs to be done with these other than placing the ants in them? As you can tell i am a beginner!
Any help greatly apprecited
Dan
dappad

Danke bekommen: 0 Danke

Beitragvon gonzobey » 4. Mai 2004 08:47

Hello dappad!

The ants alway need a nest and a area. The nest alternative you choose is the ant farm deluxe ot he formicarium highland o.k. but you also need a area. For this you have many possibilities:

- ant box
- ant isle 30x20 (the other is to small)
- PVC basin
- glass basin (aquarium).

Greetings
Bianca
gonzobey

Land: Germany (de)

Beitragvon dappad » 4. Mai 2004 11:43

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response. I have another few questions if that is ok. I am now looking at maybe Camponotus herculaneanus or liginiperda, the Pheidologeton diversus or the Acromyrmex octospinosus. I would like to know which one you reccommend as im looking for a caste intensive species. Also can yuo recommend a full set up that you sell for these including all the heating, ant farms, containers etc... that would be needed? This would help me greatlyy
Thankyou
dappad

Beitragvon dappad » 4. Mai 2004 11:50

Ok sorry to come back so soon but i have narrowed down my search to either the camponotus or the Pheidologeton diversus. Can more than one basin be used for these and do you sell the heaters and heat radiation equipment?
Thanks
dappad

Beitragvon gonzobey » 5. Mai 2004 12:45

You can use more than one basin for both species. Camponotus is a little bit grater than Pheidologeton diversus but the caste diffences in size a not so big - but its your choise what kind of specie you want - I would recommend camponotus, because this one is a little bit easier to keep.

Yes you get heater accessories here from ANTSTORE, take a look into the shop.
gonzobey

Land: Germany (de)

Zurück zu Discussion general