buying ants

Here you can everything questions or discuss about ants.

buying ants

Beitragvon obassett » 20. Jan 2004 15:24

Im looking to buy about 15 ants, without a queen. Is this possible? How many ants come in a colony? Does a colony come with a queen?

Please let me know if you can help?
obassett

Danke bekommen: 0 Danke

Hello Obassett and welcome!

Beitragvon gonzobey » 21. Jan 2004 07:52

We allways send a whole colony with queen and workers. Without a queen the ants don´t schow all behaviour pattern. Also you can´t get young ants and soon you have nothing. Workers don´t live so long, vaguely a few weeks till some years (dependend from the specie). A queen can live vaguely 5 till 30 years (also dependend from the specie). So please tell me why you only want workers?

Sure we can help you but I´m not sure if you really want this. Please let me also know in which country you live. Thanks!

Greetings
Bianca
gonzobey

Land: Germany (de)

Beitragvon obassett » 24. Jan 2004 00:39

Thankyou for replying quickly. Am i from England. The reason I only want a small number of ant is because they are for a young person who recieved a small ant farm for christmas which is only supposed to hold up to 15 ants. Im sure in the future if their intrest in ants continues then will purchase a larger tank and a larger number of ant. If this is still posible please could you tell me the cost of 15 lasius Niger including postage to the UK.

Thanks again for your help.
obassett

Beitragvon gonzobey » 28. Jan 2004 10:50

Hello obasset!

Sorry that I answered to you so late: I have talked with Martin Sebesta and we can send you nearly 15 workers for 3€ + 15€ shipping cost to the UK.

Please order normally a colony Lasius niger and don´t forget to write in the comment "only workers".

Greetings
Bianca
gonzobey

Land: Germany (de)

Zurück zu Discussion general