What beginners need!

Help to the newbie

What beginners need!

Beitragvon gonzobey » 2. Nov 2003 12:11

Hello everybody!

1) Ants
For beginners it is the best to start with lasius niger or myrmica rubra (watch the informations to the species in the shop - translation comming soon: there will be an category: beginners).

2) Formicarium =Antfarms
There are many possiblities how to keept ants, first you must decide which way you want to choose - i´ll translate it on another post.

just look here to get some stimulations: Hyperlinks sind nur für registrierte Nutzer sichtbar

3) Nesting material
In this point the tastes disintegrate - I have made good experience with a sand-loam-composite because the whole substrat get more insensible against vibrations. Other favor fowling or humus soil...

just look here to get some stimulations: Hyperlinks sind nur für registrierte Nutzer sichtbar

4) Foodstuff
This point differs form specie to spiecie, but all antds need water resp. humidity (not wetness). For this I use a pipette or a "bottle to dizzle" (sorry, don´t find the correct tranlation-word)Hyperlinks sind nur für registrierte Nutzer sichtbar

To be sure that the ants get enough water I offer the some in a test tube... a little bit water, cotton wool... ready!

Then the ants need minarals an proteins: a honey-water-composite to be proper for because in honey there are already some minerals in it. But be sure that you gave them just a little drop ("risk to be drowned"). Additionally according to the colony size you should gave them some death insects. It is better to hot deterring the insects to be sure that possible mites or parasites are death...

5) Patience
Sometimes the ant don´t do what we want them to do - some people in the german froum reporting that the ants don´t want to relocate... I want to remember that all individuals have their own head resp. goodwill!!!

I hope this would first help a little bit!
gonzobey

Land: Germany (de)
Danke bekommen: 0 Danke

Zurück zu Questions for beginners