Pachycondyla impressa

Informationen, Haltungsberichte und Fotobeiträge - Diskussion und Fragen

Pachycondyla impressa

Beitragvon Messorus » 5. Okt 2008 16:07

Hello all
I know, that this is Deutsch forum, but I think, in English forum is no person who have experience with this nice ant specie.
For future I would like to get these ants and Iwant just to informate, that if are there some problems with their keeping or somethink like that....? I have experience with 30 ant species above, can I keep these ants easily? How does these ants behave in formicariums? Does they sting?

Just English answers, please :D

EDIT ANTSTORE: (German translation)
Hallo an Alle.
Ich weiß, dass es sich hierbei um ein deutsches Forum handelt, aber ich denke, im englischen Forum gibt es keine Person, die Erfahrungen mit dieser Art wunderbaren Ameisenart hat.
In Zukunft möchte ich diese Ameisen halten und möchte nur ein paar informationen. Gibt es vielleicht einige Probleme mit der Haltung oder etwas anderes was noch zu beachten ist ....? Ich habe Erfahrung mit 30 Ameisenarten. Kann ich diese Ameisen leicht halten? Wie ist das Verhalten diese Art im Formicarium? Hat sie einen Stachel?
Messorus

Land: Slovakia (sk)
Danke bekommen: 0 Danke

Werbeanzeige: Ectomomyrmex spec. - Pachycondyla spec. from Malaysia

Re: Pachycondyla impressa

Beitragvon Chemitech » 6. Okt 2008 15:34

Hello, i keep these ants, so i think that i can help you with your questions. At first, these species can´t move on glass.
Furthermore they have a sting and they love it to catch your food. Accordingly, the formicarium should be set up like rainforest with some leaves and ground-growing plants.
I keep them in a ytong but they don´t like it, because they live only on the ground. A problem may be caused by high humidity. It is meant that the cocoon of the larvae aspirate with water so that the larvae suffocating. Another problem is, that the ants give some larvae as feed to the other larvae and last but not least, the metamorphosis requires a lot time, i don´t know how long.
Chemitech

Land: Germany (de)

Beitragvon donbilbo » 6. Okt 2008 16:56

15 years old and experienced with 30 different ant species? How long did you keep each? A week? :roll:
donbilbo

Land: Germany (de)

Beitragvon Skippy » 6. Okt 2008 21:25

@ donbilbo :roll:

"How long did you keep each? A week?"

- he has sometimes more than 60 colonies in one time lol :D (+ my 100+ :D when I am on holiday)

I know this guy and he is my friend and pupil ... I learned him a lot from start and he is keeping ants on good level for several years , DO NOT LOOK ON EXPERIENCES BY HOW OLD KEEPER IS :!:

He is studing it , every day , much documents from real myrmecologist , he is co-operate with myrmecologist and meet them , going with them to nature and they are teaching him as new generation of myrmecology

And yes that is true he got more than 30 different species ... if not more than 40+ :) , half of them REALLY rare or exotic :)

:grin:
Skippy

Beitragvon Messorus » 9. Okt 2008 19:46

Thanks, Skippy :D

Yes and... I´m keeping two years, started with Lasius niger queen on the 16 of September, rainy Thurstday of year 2006.... I have much knowledge to lear other keepers in Slovakia, but there are also a lot of things, which I have to learn !
Messorus

Werbeanzeige: Ectomomyrmex spec. - Pachycondyla spec. from Malaysia

Zurück zu Exotische Ameisenarten