Polyrhachis dives

Beitragvon Messorus » 2. Mär 2008 17:47

Give give photo, pleaseeee \:D/
I will make a big terarium set up for this ants, it will be like paludarium, but first they will must grow up to about 100 workers, and than I will move them there. I post pics of my end set- up and their first set- up- test tube laboratory tree, where they will grow up. It´s from Google Lay out programe, made.. but Im still buying the construction for it ;) But I´m not really sure if this would be good for them, what do you think???
Dateianhänge
Polyrhachis_dives_tree.JPG
Test- tube laboratory tree
dives-skatch.JPG
Set up. There will 2 cels 15x 30cms, there will be netting between.. I will give there one or two mini PC ventilator for fresing air, and from down I will put some water to make ar humidity..
Zuletzt geändert von Messorus am 2. Mär 2008 18:03, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Messorus

Land: Slovakia (sk)
Danke bekommen: 0 Danke

Beitragvon miszt » 2. Mär 2008 18:06

these ants like to weave, and they will cover the insides of the test tubes with silk to make it dark i think, they create fairly complex nests from silk and bits of plant/soil/anything they can find, so i'm not sure how well it will work, however, the test tube tree will be a good base for them i suspect, they can weave their nest around it

remeber they like to dig aswell tho, so dont give them to much soil ;) 1cm max i would say, they have 2cm in my current tank, and have made most of their nest underground, and are slowly building up the nest above ground with silk etc
miszt

Land: United Kingdom (uk)

Beitragvon miszt » 2. Mär 2008 18:07

just spotted the pics, imo you may aswell use the test tube version, as they will cover the glass in the second version with silk, at least with the test tube version you will get a nice nest :) remeber to give them things to weave into the silk tho :)
miszt

Beitragvon Messorus » 2. Mär 2008 18:18

Ok, thank you Miszt;)
I also thought that tube tree is better, and I will have it on my desk, so it will very interesting and cool, because I will observing them in free air, not some glass between mee and them.. But I don´t know how I will do bigger air humidity, so maybe I will give them to our garage, there is about 75% humidity and 26°C, and there are 2 lemon trees and 2 banana trees, and some terarium animals and fishes, birds, so they will happy there :)
Messorus

Beitragvon miszt » 2. Mär 2008 18:57

from the look of your diagram, it looks like they are going to be on an island?

a warning lol they are VERY messy! they managed to clog up my flu 350 L per hour filter within a week! be prepared for lots of cleaning lol or else use a very big tank of water and a good fiter (myne was a very good filter ;) )
miszt

Beitragvon Messorus » 2. Mär 2008 19:11

The islands you mean? I know, I will must cleaning the water... but I will buy many PTFE in one our Slovak shop for this things....
Messorus

Beitragvon donbilbo » 14. Jun 2008 12:09

What's going on with your ants? Did they hit 5000, yet? ;)
donbilbo

Land: Germany (de)

Beitragvon polyp » 28. Jun 2008 09:00

wow looks great, hows the colony getting on ?
polyp

Vorherige

Zurück zu Polyrhachis