Experiment.

Here you find the place to interchange your experiences of keeping european ants.

Experiment.

Beitragvon R3dFox » 17. Aug 2007 15:35

Ok. So i got a bit impatient waiting for the ants around here to mate and today i went to my grandmothers house and collected a load of ants out of her garden.

I collected way more than i needed lol but i spose thats not a bad thing. I put a fair few into my antstore arena. A few eggs, lots of workers...3 big winged queens and a few smaller winged ones.

I dont have that much experience with ants as a whole...My last colony died lol....So i have a question to ask.

As i am looking at the winged queens, one is crawling looking for a way out....One is drinking some water...and one is surrounded by aload of workers....i wanted to know if this was normal? and what they are doing?

Also, that same winged queen has just pushed her abdomen underneath her, like shes sitting on it...

So is she going to mate or lay anything or what?

It could just be nothing, but it looked quite interesting/promising. So anything you guys could tell me would be great.

I have another container with about 10 times more ants in lol i dont know what to do with them atm so i have left them food and water and they seem quite happy aswell...
R3dFox

Land: United Kingdom (uk)
Danke bekommen: 0 Danke

Beitragvon Pugberto » 17. Aug 2007 15:44

She may just be cleaning herself
Pugberto

Land: United Kingdom (uk)

Beitragvon JimmyVe » 17. Aug 2007 16:37

If i understand wright, you captured winged queens ? They are probably not mated you know.
And you also captured workers ? If they are taken from a colony they are no use without there queen.
JimmyVe

Land: Belgium (be)
Danke bekommen: 1 Danke

Beitragvon Dr.House » 17. Aug 2007 16:44

and the smaller ones may be kings :D ... i don't know :D Let them free and wait till their flight ... otherwise they will all die with no use.

And by the way ... if you are that impatient ... ants might not be the accurate hobby for you ... think about it.

I have another container with about 10 times more ants in lol i dont know what to do with them atm so i have left them food and water and they seem quite happy aswell...

and that makes me angry ...
Dr.House

Land: Germany (de)

Beitragvon mpir » 17. Aug 2007 19:07

I think this post from R3dFox is a joke. His little brother or something logged on to the site and wrote some bullsh*t to embarasse his brother. Nobody posts such stupidity. :?
mpir

Land: Slovenia (si)

Beitragvon uta » 18. Aug 2007 09:47

Dr. House hat geschrieben:And by the way ... if you are that impatient ... ants might not be the accurate hobby for you ... think about it.

I think so, too :!:

I condemn such a behavior :!:
uta
ANTSTORE
ANTSTORE

Land: Germany (de)
Danke bekommen: 12 mal

Zurück zu Experience with european ants