Amazing find in my room

Help to the newbie

Amazing find in my room

Beitragvon Marcei » 20. Mär 2019 17:17

Hello everyone,

So I was seeing 1-2 ants walking on my desk recently. I followed them but they disappeared around my bonsai pots. So I checked and Voila! They were nested inside a Bonsai pot. I placed the bonsai soil in a container and applied escape protection all around. With some light I made them move into the test tube, and left the container with all soil and stuff left from bonsai pot inside. Separated the colony in a new container. There was 1 queen, 10 workers and 6 larvae,2 pupae.

The next day... There was another Ant queen (same species probably, I couldnt ID both) on the side of the container(the container that I left with bonsai pot and soil). She couldnt get out because of the escape protection. I took her and put her inside a fresh test tube, alone. I dont know if they are from same nest. She cant just appear from nowhere right, she mustve been in the pot with the nest this whole time. But then I think a polygyne colony this small? 2 queens with few workers and small brood? I am so confused.

Should I introduce the second queen to the colony? or just keep it separate?

Marcel
Dateianhänge
download (1).png
nest
download (2).png
testtube
download (10).png
first found
download.png
nest
download (3).png
second queen