Bad luck?

Bad luck?

Beitragvon yomchi86 » 14. Aug 2014 19:14

I've just gone to check on my Queen and found her to be dead :(

The 5 eggs that she came with are all about a week away from maturing. The Queen was happy and active (I've been watching her using an infrared light emitting web camera as the room has been kept in complete darkness). She was eating flightless fruit flies, happily drinking water. The humidity around her test tube (the one she was delivered in) was 65% and the room hasn't gone below 18 degrees Celsius - no higher than 23 degrees Celsius. The food she was fed had been frozen for at least 2 days before getting thawed and fed to her. She had plenty of water left. Yet I've just found her in a very un-natural looking position laid on her side looking as if she's damaged her spine (which I would imagine is highly unlikely).

I'm really at a loss - I've read and re-read all of the literature I can find to see if it was something I did wrong but I'm not finding any answers. Can anyone shed any light on this please or is it just bad luck in this case?
yomchi86

Land: United Kingdom (uk)
Danke bekommen: 0 Danke

Re: Bad luck?

Beitragvon yomchi86 » 24. Aug 2014 21:46

58 views and no responses? At the risk of asking a stupid question, are there not that many people with experience of Manica rubida on the forum?
yomchi86

Beitragvon Sojave » 24. Aug 2014 22:38

Not many people have this species. From my point of view, Manica rubida is very hard to keep. Ive tried it 2 times. The start was very good, but suddenly it was over... And i have no clue why.

It seems, they have problems with wrong settings in the nest. Have no more to say about them.
Sojave

Land: Germany (de)
Danke bekommen: 15 mal
Ameisen: Haltungsbericht(28)

Beitragvon shane » 25. Aug 2014 12:15

I would have Replied days before to but as Sojave said I've never had Manica to comment on.
shane

Danke bekommen: 27 mal

Beitragvon yomchi86 » 26. Aug 2014 12:45

Hello both ^^ Thank you for your responses and confirming what I thought that not many people have this species. I'm beginning to agree that they are quite difficult to keep. Especially as I tried my absolute hardest to create the next and keep them as per all the documentation I had read. It does seem strange that the Queen dies randomly but the babies grow up just fine and are still alive now.
Thanks again
Stu
yomchi86

Zurück zu Manica