Help Messors dying

Help Messors dying

Beitragvon mattybadboy44 » 18. Sep 2012 18:58

I recently recieved a colony of Messor structor with 100 workers and 4 queens, on day 2 of them being in their new home the deaths started! ants wandering around confused and on their backs, looking drunk and cant walk properly very slow what is wrong with them must be something affecting them in the new nest or I did give them honey water anyone have any ideas please within 6 days over half of ants are dead? HELP
Zuletzt geändert von mattybadboy44 am 18. Sep 2012 20:19, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
mattybadboy44

Land: United Kingdom (uk)
Danke bekommen: 0 Danke

Re: Help messors dying

Beitragvon Kurax » 18. Sep 2012 19:34

Maybe you used toxic materials for the nest? Offer them their old nest first. Then you can think about it without pressure of time.
Kurax

Land: Germany (de)

Beitragvon mattybadboy44 » 18. Sep 2012 20:13

Thanks I willl try but it seems make no difference changed the nest once already do not have old one anymore, what could be toxic to ants? would cigarrette smoke harm them. Also been only 6 days in a few more dasy colony will be gone!
mattybadboy44

Beitragvon yellowant » 18. Sep 2012 23:46

mattybadboy44 hat geschrieben:Thanks I willl try but it seems make no difference changed the nest once already do not have old one anymore, what could be toxic to ants? would cigarrette smoke harm them. Also been only 6 days in a few more dasy colony will be gone!

if it's not wats in the tank then it might be wats in the room that they live in. you usin aerosols in the room? dat might be affecting them. if you smoke with them nearby, dont. what have you been feedin them? move them first, it it still happenin then look closely at tank materials/food given. is what you feeding them been sprayed with insecticide, for example? its so depressing when things like that happen and its often hard to work out why.
anyway, good luck man, i hope that yo colony survives :(.
yellowant

Bilder: 0

Re: Help Messors dying

Beitragvon mattybadboy44 » 19. Sep 2012 01:08

Thanks could it be the sand I am using? what is the best or safest sand to use?
mattybadboy44

Beitragvon Kurax » 19. Sep 2012 09:50

You can leave off the sand and use nothing as ground. Not so nice, but it works.
Kurax

Land: Germany (de)

Beitragvon Andie » 19. Sep 2012 10:57

I had this happen to my [M.aranarius] Messor arenarius , there were 2 workers that arrived with the colony which seemed fine until i let them out and within days both died. They looked drunk and acted confused. The queen fortunatly survived and is doing ok and has at last raised about 10 more workers. I have no idea of the reason why this happened unless perhaps stress during transit from Germany to the UK. Its not happened with any of my other ants so just one of those unexplained mysteries perhaps and nothing you have done wrong yourself. If you live near Devon you are welcome to have my M.barbarus colony 1000 + youll have to pick it up though :)

[Edit: Mod]
Andie

Danke bekommen: 2 mal

Beitragvon joshua867 » 4. Aug 2013 23:22

Could you please keep some dead ants or you might have seen, have there been and wired growth out of the dead ants like a fungi?
joshua867

Zurück zu Messor