Sorry for my poor English, it's a google traduction
I will present the construction of my new nest for Diacamma rugosum
that I finally received it on Monday.
It is a nest in BC set terrarium. Material used:
A block BC 30/20/10 plus a package of old falls (I keep all ...).
50/25/30 aquarium recovery.
A few transparent plexiglass.
Stainless steel mesh fence 0.2 mm.
An air vent in plastic (to recover the framework and adapt the stainless steel mesh).
Chews the ultra transparent silicone aquarium.
An old electronic thermostat.
A heating cable.
Seal for tiled bathroom.
Of the leg modeling to air dry.
A little gouache.
A mercury thermometer.
An eco bulb and LED.
A photograph printed on the substantive work ...
Voila, I have nothing to forget.
Many récup. Basically I have spent my pocket 50 euros, the most expensive being the heating cable (25 euros). The nest:
I cut the rooms in the party that is 10 cm by 30 to put the "flat".
The goal is to be able to see the whole surface of the CDA. Place on the pitch would have allowed more than rooms but part of the CDA would have been hidden.
More Diacamma rugosum
rarely exceed 200 individuals, the surface is more than sufficient for a settlement.
Cutting the (false) Dremel (not expensive), which in brackets is a very good investment. It is much cleaner than a screwdriver and it is easier to make good angles "rights."
To avoid dust, just soak a little and chopping block when it is wet.
The water tank is positioned behind and canals allow water to flow under the block.
The block itself can also permanently wet all terrarium.
The galleries are about 1 cm deep.
2 cm in the rooms.
I mixed a little gouache attached to the color tiles to the front.
The rooms are attached to armored carrelage pure.
The two magnets were stuck on the front of the nest in cavities. They can easily make it fit a filter over the red glass terrarium.
Once dry, I have placed in the cage, stuck on 3 sides with silicone.
[/center] Aménagement Tray:
The cistern is made of Plexiglas.
A hole was made in the glass with a lock on the diamond Dremel.
It lets you move the heater and thermostat probe.
So I set up a relief plexi to hide the hole and prohibit leaks ants in this place.
The heating cable is also several times under the block of the nest through the channels.
The thermometer mercury is positioned in the gap on the left side of the nest. It helps to know the temperature in the nest.
The same gap can also see the water level in the reserve.
A hole on top of the block can fill the reserve.
It is clogged with a plastic cap.
Then I attacked the deco.
After the fall of BC broken in the hammer and tongs and pasted into "doing" silicone.
Then I covered it with the leg and glued modellage plants plastic with silicone.
Soon the end.
Set up the heating cable in a zig-zag, a layer of mixed sand / clay and the photo background.
For the lid, I took one of the aquarium.
As I replaced against the door glass plexi.
I ventilation by cutting the plastic grid and adjusting the stainless steel mesh above.
It is positioned on the cover.
Here is the final result: The ants: