My queen

My queen

Beitragvon odesssus » 26. Jul 2010 04:09

iv'e had my Campontus herculeanus for about six months now for the firts 5 months they did nothing but in the last month they have been quite active. i looked in the nest and still no eggs is this normal?.
odesssus

Land: United Kingdom (uk)
Danke bekommen: 0 Danke

Werbeanzeige: Acromyrmex cf. octospinosus

Re: my queen

Beitragvon abz-uk-ants » 26. Jul 2010 11:18

Dude that dosent sound right. If your getting Harpegnathos venator aswell, I think you are going to struggle as you cant even get your compo queen to lay. I was the same but I am 13. Now my colony hs 11 cocouns and 7 larve. If I was you I wouldent get the venator. I would advise you to get Myrmica ruba, I have them and now there colony is thriving.
abz-uk-ants

Beitragvon odesssus » 26. Jul 2010 15:49

well dude let explane a bit when i first got my Campontus herculeanus i knew nothing about ants so read the care sheet i got with them it sayed to just tip the ants out into the tank and so that is what i did. when they did not come out i banged the bottom of the test tube like you would a bottel of tomato ketchup i think this is what has up set her. i very soon found out i had made a very big mistake so all i could do is leave all the ants alone and give them all the time the queen felt she needed. no ants come out for the first 5 months but in the last month they have come out and been very active. 3 of the 15 i got have died in the last few weeks i think they where just getting old so i hoped that the queen would start to lay eggs soon maybe she will after she has hibernated. thanks
odesssus

Beitragvon abz-uk-ants » 26. Jul 2010 16:27

Oh now you make sence thankyou for the information. I would tke them out of the basin and put them into a testube.
abz-uk-ants

Beitragvon Lewis » 26. Jul 2010 21:18

but in the process let them do it on there own and that way they will not get stressed. i had these and the y where doing great but then somehow my Myrmica rubra escaped and killed the Camponotus queen but now i have learnt. :)
Lewis

Werbeanzeige: Acromyrmex cf. octospinosus

Zurück zu Camponotus