Alex' Camponotus mitis

Alex' Camponotus mitis

Beitragvon Zagone » 2. Okt 2011 06:26

So, mainly because my national forum is abit dead lately, I thought I'd share my diary here aswell. I just recieved this very young colony a couple fo days ago from UK, the ants themselves hail from northern Thailand. When they arrived there were only 4 workers, but by now they are atleast 7. At the moment I lack pictures and a thorough head-count due to a jumpy queen and my unwillingness to disturb her too much at this early stage. But I've got some stuff coming over that in my previous experience should make pictures much easier! So anyway, for now you'll have to settle with a shot of their current set-up. :)

Hyperlinks sind nur für registrierte Nutzer sichtbar

As of yesterday I've installed my heat-cord onto the ytong nest aswell for some added heat, which was needed since I swapped the light from a spotlight to a LED-based lamp. The heat-cord should also boost the growth abit. ^^

The colony hasn't showed much interest in crickets thusfar, but they've happily been taking sugar-water etc.
Zagone

Land: Sweden (se)
Danke bekommen: 0 Danke

Re: Alex' Camponotus mitis

Beitragvon Zagone » 3. Okt 2011 11:17

The red PVC arrived from Antstore today, applied it imidietly! I turned the light off first, just in case. Queen remained calm thankfully, and I could put in the plastic without incident. Though, I'm thinking of leaving the light off for now, since the nest is probably still a bit brighter than normal, so gonna let her get used to it first a bit.
Zagone

Re: Alex' Camponotus mitis

Beitragvon Zagone » 10. Feb 2012 23:15

Haven't updated in awhile, but I know you guys like pics, so here's some new and some old. :)

At some point I hope to get a better camera to get juicier picture for you, but these will do for now!

I am having some trouble in what to feed these gals though, they don't seem terribly excited by either crickets or grasshoppers. Maybe it's too early in their annual production, but I'm about to try some conserved mealworms for a bit, and then probably go back to crickets if production picks up.

Zagone

• Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag

Zurück zu Camponotus