Ok so quick update, The queen and small brood and new workers were moved into a testube last night. I made sure not to take any mites with them so all is good.
They have settled down and collected all the brood back up and the queen is standing over it. The new workers are all over her which is good to see.
I ran the bath with boiling hot water and disconnected the sockets etc from my setup and took the fans out etc. I then submerged the whole setup in hot water
. After it soaked for 30 minutes i scrubed the chambers and connecting tubes and washed it all down with more boiling water. I then dried it out a little and reconnected it up so it can dry out further and warm up again. Today i have inspected the setup. It looks very clean
. No trash pile, no mites
. A nice fresh new nest. I shall be moving the queen and brood back into it tonight after anouther close inspection and then next week i will receive my colony of one queen and about 1000 workers
. I shall merge them with my own queen and then that should really boost them along.
Will update again soon guys